1. --Have you been to New Zealand?
--No, I’d like to , ___B___.
A. too B. though
C. yet D. either
2. At first they worried about the situation but things ___C____ quite satisfactory.
A. went on B. carried on
C. turned out D. tried out
3. The water was so clear that it ____D_____ the trees on the river bank..
A. shadowed B. shaded C. photographed D. reflected
4. My chest ____D___ when I make a deep breath, doctor.
A. harms B. wounds
C. injures D. hurts
5. The boy is just stupid; I can’t ____D__ to him at all, even when I explain things in words of one syllable.
A. see through
B. look through
C. go through
D. get through
6. Every student has free ___A____ to the library.
A. access B. chance
C. use D. right
7. It does not alter the fact that he was the man ____B____ for the death of the little girl.
A. accounting B. responsible
C. guilty D. obliged
8. To ___A___ the child’s quick recovery, five doctors took turns looking after him day and night.
A. ensure B. undertake
C. promise D. indicate
9. When she came several days later, she found that all things were still ____D_____ where she had ____ them
A. lay; laid B. laying; laid
C. lay; lain D. lying; laid
10. They couldn’t get along well with each other because they have nothing ___B____.
A. in all B. in common
C. in store D. in trouble
11. The purpose of storage hardware is to provide a means of storing computer __C___ and data in a form that is relatively permanent, or nonvolatile.
A. description B. introduction
C. instruction D. explanation
12. In November, shipments of the popular toy Aqua Dots were found to have been polluted with a poisonous chemical, causing some children who ate the craft toys vomit and lose __D__.
A. mood B. heart
C. pressure D. consciousness
13. The destructive earthquake in Sichuan Province on May 12 rocked and ___A____ the whole world.
A. shocked B. moved
C. surprised D. affected
14. Little children are always __B___ about things around them and often ask why.
A. cautious B. curious
C. obvious D. precious
15. The traditional Eastern education system emphasizes building a solid foundation, and then ___D__ the basic knowledge step by step.
A. puts up B. sets up
C. brings up D. builds up
16. Currently, Yueyang Hospital is not the only organization __C___ promoting Yi jingjing.
A. used to B. moved to
C. devoted to D. turned to
17. It doesn’t pay well so she hasn’t taken the job abroad. Meanwhile it’s _A___ because her mother is sick.
A. partly B. absolutely
C. eventually D. merely
18. Back in the 17th century, intellectual property rights were primarily __B__ to protect newly-developed manufacturing processes against stealing.
A. brought out B. carried out
C. turned out D. set out
19. Books are a __D____ provider of knowledge and pleasure and some types of books should be in every home, such as a good dictionary, a good encyclopedia and so on.
A. meaningful B. perfect
C. replaceable D. wonderful
20. “I once again solemnly emphasize that it is absolutely unacceptable to sacrifice people’s lives and health ___B___ temporary economic development,” Wen said.
A. in the hope of B. in exchange for
D. in place of D. in search of
A terrible earthquake happened in Wenchuan on May 12，2008.(1 )___B___ people lost their lives and homes.During those days，a lot of stories about(2) ___C___ could be heard.Here is(3) ____A__ of them .After the earth—quake，under a fallen building，some soldiers found that a(224)___B___died in a very strange way.When they were ready to take her away，they were surprised to find that a baby in her arms was (5) __A____ alive.The baby was sleeping and (6) __D____ hurt at a11.Between the dead mother (7) ____B__ the living baby, there was a cellphone with a short (8) __C____ on the screen，“My dear baby, if you can survive, remember that I love you.”Everybody (9) ___B___ when they read these words.
Besides this story, many other stories also moved us deeply.(10) __A____ these stories we know more about love.
You’re lucky if you’re loved by others You’re great if you love others when you’re in danger.
1.A.All B.Many C.Few D.No
2.A.home B.life C.love D.hope
3.A.one B.none C.some D.each
4.A.man B.woman C.boy D.girl
5.A.still B.often C.never D.not
6.A.is B.isn’t C.was D.wasn’t
7.A.or B.and C.also D.but
8.A.story B.film C.message D.song
9.A.smiled B.shouted C.laughed D.cried
10.A.From B.On C.To D.With
An important question about eating out is who pays for the meal.If a friend of yours asks you to have lunch with him, you may say (1)___A___ like this, “I’m afraid it’ll have to be some place(2) ___B___ ，as I have very little money.” The other person may say，“OK，I’11 meet you at McDonald’s.” This means that the two agree to go Dutch，that is，each person pays for himself.He may(3) ___A___ say，“Oh，no.I want to(4) __B____ you to lunch at Smith’s.”or“1 want you to try the Chinese dumplings there. They’re great.” This means the person wants to pay for both of you. If you feel(5) ___A___ towards this person，you can go with him and you(6) __B____ pay for the meal. You may just say，(7) __C____ .That would be very nice.”
American customs about who pays for dates are much the same as in the other parts of the world.In the old days, American women wanted men to pay for all the meals.But，today，a university girl or a woman in (8) __D____ will usually pay her way during the day.If a man asks her for a dance outside the working hours，it(9) ___C___“come as my guest”.So as you can see，it is a polite thing to make the question(10) __D____at the very beginning.
1.A.something B.anything C.everything D.nothing
2.A.expensive B.cheap C.quiet D.wonderful
3.A.also B.neither C.too D.either
4.A.get B.take C.meet D.bring
5.A.friendly B.kind C.happy D.lucky
6.A.can’t B.needn’t C.mustn’t D.don’t
7.A.I’m sorry B.Excuse me C.Thank you D.Pardon
8.A.school B.China C.America D.business
9.A.goes B.says C.means D.tells
10. A.easy B.clear C.clean D.careful
The word "day" has two meanings. When we talk about the number of days in a year, we are using "day" to mean 24 hours. But when we talk about day and night, we are using "day" to mean the time between sunrise and sunset. Since the earth looks like a ball, the sun can shine on only half of it at a time. Always one half of the earth is having day and the other half nigh. A place is moved from day into night and from night into day over and over by the spinning of the earth. At the equator, day and night are sometimes the same length . They are each twelve hours long. The sun rises at 6 o'clock in the morning and sets at 6 o'clock in the evening. For six months the North Pole is tilted toward the sun. In those months the Northern Hemisphere gets more hours of sunlight than the Southern Hemisphere. Days are longer than nights. South of the equator nights are longer than days. For the other six months the North Pole is tilted away from the sun, Then the Southern Hemisphere gets more sunlight. Days are longer than nights. North of the equator nights are longer than days. Winter is the season of long nights. Summer is the season of long days.
1. When the Western Hemisphere is having day, the Eastern Hemisphere is having__D____.
A. both day and night B. day
C. neither day nor night D. night
2. A place is moved from day into night and from night into day over and over by__C____ of the earth.
A. the pushing B. the pulling C. the spinning D. the passing
3. At the equator day is as long as night__A____.
A. sometimes B. never C usually D always
4. When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Northern Hemisphere gets __B____ sunlight.
A less B more C. all D. no
5. When it is winter in China, __D____
A. the USA is tilted toward the sun
B. the South Pole is tilted away from the sun
C. the North Pole is tilted toward the sun
D. the North Pole is tilted away from the sun
( 2 )
Once there was a baby eagle living in a nest on a cliff. The baby eagle loved his nest. It was warm, soft and comfortable. And even better, he had all the food and love that his mother could give. Whenever the baby eagle was hungry, his mother would always come just in time with the delicious food he liked.
He was growing happily day after day. But suddenly his world changed. His mother stopped coming to the nest. He was full of sadness and fear. He thought he would die soon. He cried, but nobody heard him.
Two days later his mother appeared with some nice food. The baby eagle was wild with joy. But his mother put the food at the top of the mountain and then looked down at her baby. The baby eagle cried out.“Mum, why did you do this to me? I'm hungry. Don't you know I will die if I have nothing to eat?"
“Here is the last meal I give you. Come and get it by yourself. " his mother said. Then she flew down and pushed the baby eagle out of the nest.
The baby eagle fell down, faster and faster. He looked up at his mum, "Why do you abandon me? "He looked down at the earth. The ground was much closer. Then something strange happened. The air caught behind his arms and he began to fly ! He wasn't moving to the ground any more. Instead, his eyes were pointed up at the sun.
"You are flying! You can make it! His mother smiled.
6 :Which of the following is TRUE about the baby eagle's life before his mother stopped coming to the nest? B
A. He lived in a nest in the tree B. His mother offered him nice food
C. He was always cold and hungry D. He lived very happily with friend 277.How old the baby eagle feel as soon as he saw his mother coming again? B
A. Sad B. Happy C. Afraid D. Angry
7.What did the baby eagle's mother do when she came the last time? D
A. She put some food in the nest
B. She just came to see him again
C. She shouted at her baby eagle and flew away
D. She pushed her baby eagle out of the nest
8.What does the word "abandon" mean ? A
A 抛弃 B.保护 C 歧视 D 拯救
9. We can infer from the story that ___C___
A. The baby eagle lost his mother
B. The baby eagle feel down and died
C. The baby eagle could get food himself
D. The baby eagle was still angry with his mother
九色优选 | 跳跳猪 | 聚聚玩 | 有赚网 | 聚享游 | 快乐赚